• Applicants complete an application with assistance from their case manager.
• Goodwill Cars to Work will notify both the applicant and the case manager if:
- The application is incomplete.
- Additional information is required.
• Incomplete applications will be denied if all information is not received within two weeks.
• Goodwill Cars to Work will notify both the applicant and the case manager when the application is approved or denied.
• If denied, applicants may reapply after six months.
Goodwill Cars to Work will order a credit report for the applicant. Applicants are not automatically disqualified if they have:
• Medical debt
• Low credit score
• Discharged bankruptcy
• Short periods of non-payment due to extenuating circumstances provided the debt is paid off or in repayment
An application will likely be denied if any of the following are identified on the credit report:
• Eviction or vehicle repossession in the last two years
• Recurring non-payment of debt
• Items omitted from or that contradict the budget provided in the application
• Active bankruptcy
• Approved applicants are provided information on up to three available vehicles.
• Applicant obtains an insurance quote on the selected vehicle.
• Goodwill Cars to Work verifies that the applicant can afford the car payment and insurance premium.
• Applicant and Goodwill Cars to Work coordinate a placement date.
• Participant test-drives his/her vehicle
• Participant provides proof of insurance and $250 down payment
• Participant completes loan documents and program forms
• Participant takes the vehicle home